Friday, May 23, 2014

Gryffindor Blog Interview with mommyofrhyse

Hi, and welcome to another interview. Every week we have been trying to sit down with someone in the Cup. One of the most wonderful things about the Cup is that we get to have fun and get to know others that are as crazy about crafting and Harry Potter as we are. We hope that these interviews provide you with a way to get to know other players and hopefully enhance the connections and friendships we all share.


This week we are sitting down with mommyofrhyse. So grab a cup of tea and your latest project and get cozy while we get to know her.

-----------------

KMNash: So, mommyofrhyse, how did you find the Cup?

mommyofrhyse: I found it through someone else in a swap group that I am in. I was looking at their profile and saw the banner for the House Cup and followed the banner.


KMNash: It is amazing how many different ways we all found our way to the castle. What would you say is the greatest change to your crafting since joining the cup, have you tried some new thing that maybe you had not heard of? Or maybe taking on something bigger then you usually do for an OWL or Order Mission?

mommyofrhyse: So far I have not tried much of anything new, but for my first OWL I did do a large project.


KMNash: I find myself trying for larger things as well, the OWLs are so great for motivation. Our houses are also wonderful for motivating each other. Have you ever traveled to the other houses common rooms, if so what houses have you visited, if not have you ever thought about it?

mommyofrhyse: I have traveled between house common rooms. As a NQFY we visited all of the houses. Currently I hang out in Slytherin and Griffendor.


KMNash: It is great that we can all feel comfortable in different common rooms. You said the OWLs have helped you to do larger projects, how active are you with OWLS and NEWTS and other Advanced Studies options? Do you think they will help motivate you to finish things you might not have done?

mommyofrhyse: Other than my NQFY term I have done a OWL each term. I have the majority of my OWLs planned out for the next several terms. I do think that they have helped motivate me to get larger projects done.


KMNash:
Do you have an OWL or NEWT option that you think will be especially hard for you to complete?

mommyofrhyse: I think that Muggle Studies will be the hardest for me. I am terrified to make a sweater.


KMNash: Sweaters can be scary business. Have you told anyone about the Cup? If so what are some of the things you love to tell people about to maybe make them want to come play?

mommyofrhyse: I have told my mom and sister. Mom is never online and probably would not participate. I just talk about how each month has different ways that you can create something to turn in.


KMNash: Of all your turn ins to the cup, this term and any past, what are some of the ones you are most proud of and what were they turned in for? (providing links to project page or picture would be wonderful)

mommyofrhyse: The project I am most proud of is my Arithmacy OWL. I made a blanket for my son. This was my first big project.




KMNash: How beautiful. Have you won any special badges that you are really proud of playing the Cup, and if so what did you earn them for?

mommyofrhyse: Probably but I don’t really collect the badges (unless it is for OWLs). I have 2 OWLs under my belt and am looking to become a OWL mistress.


KMNash: Owl Mistress is an awesome goal. Do you have any pointers or comments you would like to say to everyone about anything?

mommyofrhyse:
Just do what you can. I know the cup brings on “the crazy” for crafting but sometimes you have to step back and think am I just doing this for points or for me. This is something that I have had to do. The drive to “make all the things” is so strong sometimes that other things might get pushed to the side. For me the cup is a great motivator to get projects started or done that have been in my to-do pile. The cup has also allowed me to make new friends in all of the houses and having people that understand your crafting is a very good thing.

KMNash: Thank you so much for your time and for the beautiful pictures. It has been great to get to know you.

--------------------------------

And here dear readers is where we end again, don't forget to drop by the Knight Bus if you need help getting an idea for your class. And we are in the second round of Quidditch, if you played in Round 1 you have until Sunday to play in Round 2 if you wish to be able to play in later Rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment