Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gryffindor Blog Interview with Covington

Hi, and welcome to this weeks interview. Every other Thursday we are going to try to sit down with someone in the Cup. One of the most wonderful things about the Cup is that we get to have fun and get to know others that are as crazy about crafting and Harry Potter as we are. We hope that these interviews provide you with a way to get to know other players and hopefully enhance the connections and friendships we all share.

This week we are sitting down with a long term HPKCHC player, Covington. So grab a cup of tea and your latest project and get cozy while we talk to Covington  about how she found the Cup, her favorite past projects and more.


-----------------

KMNash: How did you find the Cup?
Covington: I found the Cup through the Radar at Ravelry.

KMNash: How many “years” or terms have you been with the Cup?
Convington: I started out as a NQFY in Spring 2009. I was sorted into Gryffindor in the next term. I played every term as a sorted student except for one term - I played as a SoS that year.

KMNash: What would you say is the greatest change to your crafting since joining the cup, have you tried some new thing that maybe you had not heard of? Or maybe taking on something bigger then you usually do for an OWL or Order Mission?
Covington: Ever since I joined the Cup, I’ve been taking much more initiative in learning new knitting and crochet techniques.

KMNash: Have you ever traveled to the other houses common rooms, if so what houses have you visited, if not have you ever thought about it?
Covington: I’ve visited the Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin Common Rooms. Each of these houses has their own strengths and personalities. That being said, visiting all the common rooms helped me to strengthen my belief that Gryffindor is the place for me.

KMNash: How active are you with OWLS and NEWTS and other Advanced Studies options? Do you think they will help motivate you to finish things you might not have done?
Covington: I used to be very involved with OWLs. Life has changed though, and Advanced Studies aren’t really suited for my lifestyle at the moment. That being said, I encourage everyone to try at least one Advanced Study class during their time at Hogwarts.

KMNash: Do you have an OWL or NEWT option that you think will be especially hard for you to complete?
Covington: All Advanced Studies classes are challenging. I don’t have one that will be especially hard for me.

KMNash: Have you told anyone about the Cup? If so what are some of the things you love to tell people about to maybe make them want to come play?
Covington: No, I haven’t told anyone in real life about the Cup. The Cup is the place for me to escape the craziness of real life. I have told people in Ravelry about the Cup though.

KMNash: Of all your turn ins to the cup, this term and any past, what are some of the ones you are most proud of and what were they turned in for? (providing links to project page or picture would be wonderful)
Covington: Here’s a picture of my first sweater I’ve made. I turned it in for Muggle Studies.


I’m also proud of the charity crafting I’ve done.
Charity hats:
Here are some squares I made for Gryff baby blankets:


KMNash: Have you won any special badges that you are really proud of playing the Cup, and if so what did you earn them for?
Covington: I used to win plenty of points-based badges. These are the best because anyone can win them.

KMNash:
Do you have any pointers or comments you would like to say to everyone about anything?
Covington: The Cup is what you make of it. The more you put into the game, the more amazing it will be for you. That being said, remember that real life comes first.

KMNash: Thank you so much for your time and the pictures of your beautiful work.

----------------

Our interview ends here readers, it is so wonderful getting a chance to get to know our fellow cuppers. There are only a few days left in the month so make sure if you have not got your one class requirement in you do before the month is over. If you are having trouble with ideas remember the Knight Bus is available to help. Round 3 of Quidditch starts tomorrow, so remember if you turned in forRound 1 and Round 2 that you are eligible to play in Round 3 and to be able to play in the Semi Finals you must play in Round 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment