Friday, March 11, 2011
YAY!!! more Gryffie babies! Danger. Beautiful design KnitWit! Completely cool way to use the old army pants. I know we have a few of those hanging around. Amypc shared with us, a photo of her new kitty. More Quilt goodness. CS checks in. Calling all 6th years and above. 3 words: Nutella Cheesecake Recipe. Cute baby! Jaji's got puppies. SLY would like you to sign up for a duel! Frog cards have started going up! New St. Mungo's challenge. CLMNJ is a grandma.and there's a photo! OUCH! FF give us the rundown of her weekend. sounds like a great one! Penny had a crazy weekend. DD shares her cute baby bump with us. Did you get this t-shirt from t-fury? I totally did! Beautiful knitting ADL! I love the mathy turn in Mom! Jaji showed some of her spinning. it's lovely. I don't know how to core spin. I'm not even sure I know what that term means. FK is destashing if you're interested. Oh look at the art yarn NK spun. Congrats on the solo Jedi you're going to do awesome! The Int'l dateline challenge has started and rondaletts is asking us to cheer or help if we feel led. DD is sharing photos of the baby to be. and that should catch you up!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Easy lace stole
scribble lace scarf
lace shawl (by alice halbeisen)
lace cable dishcloth
lace baby beanie
lace mesh wash cloth/dishcloth
lace juliet cap
lacet table runner
table lace placemat
crochet lace fingerless mitts
broomstick lace bookmark
shimmer lace scarf
Noro Striped Scarf
Burberry inspired cowl
drop stitch scarf
wham bam thank you lamb! neckwarmer
growing leaves cowl
One skein scarf
Taffy pull scarf
Half hour neckwarmer
Flirty ruffle scarf
Elegant shell stitch scarf
Kite stitch scarf
Flights of fancy scarf
Beginner’s fair isle baby hat
Beginner project: easy lace scarf
Easy fingerless mitts
Beginner’s crochet scarf
Beginner friendly cap
Beginner’s wrist warmers
Granny square (by purl bee)
Pocket animals (mouse, rabbit, raccoon, or robin)
Harry Potter time turner (unlimited amount of time to annoy her)
Pocket potter puppet pals (kids and adults)
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
There's a sign up for the Int'l dateline challenge. The food fight was extended. Amypc has a yarn problem. (don't we all) but maybe you can help her out. Lupingirl shares a photo of herself, her mamma, her sister and her step-sister. What a lovely bunch of ladies! And a darling photo of her and her BF!!! Oh pretty Sparty! Oh look what school is turning TKJ into. NK's owl sweater that's for my sister may have a mix up on it but should she tell our non knitting sister? I think not. It looks great anyways.We have converted another one! Welcome Dragoncelt! PennyIA sums up how the chatter in the CR! best to be read at random, it makes it hilarious! Fake replacement sugars are bad. FF can do a crow pose. How about you? I can't even walk and talk at the same time. OKC can do some yoga too!
FlyKytten has her plan for march already. Fabgrandma you are totally awesome! FK could use some love an prayers sent her way. Going to school? need a knitting scholarship? Nice Cowl. Chris01 is learning how to crochet. Look it's a cute computer. Mauri needs some help choosing a project.That's a different dream you had there FF. Those are some awesome washcloths DD. See what fun the Owl Post can be?!? that is awesome. LLama! There's an awesome update from Knitwit. Ooops I think I got caught up reading I forgot to write over here... look more wedding photos. Look at that darling sweater. Oh look at the cute whale. Then March happened. and Here's a summary of the classes. And the list of plans starts here.... no here.... nope here: WH, AI, DD, TKJ, FK, CLMN, KQ, HW,
FK share's her St.Mungo's turn in. TKJ brough DRACO and a cake! Swoons and faints... just a little bit. Go click and sign up for dueling. calling the 4th years. Now you 1st years pay attention. Vertigo would like some help. Oh stats! oh Won Won, you're such a cutie. YAY!!! Oh look rabbit! and Baby Owl Quilt. FG gives us the run down on Quilt prices. so if your SO is ever giving you a hard time about your yarn addiction please show him that. Sparty would like some ideas for a friend.
and the end of pgs 338 and 339 are why I shouldn't respond to people's posts while writing the CRR... sorry guys..
But you're caught up now... so go forth and knit.
What about feet? You can make socks for charity, no problem, but can you do it in a month? If you can, I want to see pictures! With that said, here are some very cool free patterns.
- Monkey are cool in stripes, solids, or variegates!
- Skew turns Gryff stripes into the socks at left! Cooh, right?
- Hedera are lovely in any yarn, and it's an easy-peasy lace repeat!
- Thuja uses a heavier yarn for fast and warm results.
- I know from personal experience that Sunday Swing Socks are elegant and easily memorizable.
- I'm sure our favorite heroine would approve of Hermione's Everyday Socks!
- The Leyburn Socks are gorgeous.
- I love the Froot Loop pattern!
- The Yarn Harlot's Earl Grey pattern is classically elegant.
- Don't you think Dumbledore would approve of the Fawkes pattern?
And for my fellow crocheters:
- These Crochet Socks were used for the Sock! Sock! Sock! Challenge (at which, incidentally, Gryffindor kicked butt!).
- The Ultimate Crocheted Socks echo many common elements of knit socks: toe up with a gusset and heel flap.
- If you don't mind seeming, try the Turkish Origami Socks for a twist!
- I like the Bistro socks!
- The Bleached Herringbone socks demonstrate the versatility of crochet stitches.
- DROPS design is known for elegant designs, and this pattern is no exception.
- I like these Häkelsocken - what a cool name!
- These Violette de Paris socks are simply beautiful.
- The Heklesokker are worked from side to side!
- Toes Up Socks are simple and easily adjustable.
That's it for this round! Until next time: