Thursday, June 19, 2014

Head Girls Interview Series -- Part 1 Gryffindor

Hi, and welcome to the first of a new series of interviews. Every Thursday for the next four weeks we are going to sit down with one of the Head Girls in the Cup. One of the most wonderful things about the Cup is that we get to have fun and get to know others that are as crazy about crafting and Harry Potter as we are. We hope that these interviews provide you with a way to get to know other players and hopefully enhance the connections and friendships we all share.

This week we are sitting down with Gryffindor Head Girl, jrf1977. So grab a cup of tea and your latest project and get cozy while we talk to her about how she found the Cup, what she jobs she has held, what it feels like to be second in command, her favorite past projects and more.


-----------------

KMNash: How did you find the Cup?
jrf1977: I found the cup through a friend (bluetofu of slytherin) from my knitting group


KMNash: How long have you been playing the Cup?
jrf1977: I have been in the cup since Spring term 2011. Always in Gryffindor.


KMNash: What year were you when you joined staff, what jobs have you held?
jrf1977: I joined house staff in my 2nd term as a pride leader, then in my 3rd term became the Quidditch captain for 3 terms before becoming Head Girl in my 7th year


KMNash: What is a Head Girl, what are some of your jobs and things that are expected of you?
jrf1977: I currently run the Gryffindor Blankets thread. In the past I ran the swap. I also sort the Gryffindors into their prides at the beginning of the term and assign the mentors for the first years. I am there to support the Head of house.

KMNash: You are kinda next in line for the “throne” as it were, do you think that you would take on Head of House if asked or do you think you would prefer to stay Second in Command?
jrf1977: If I were asked I would take on the position, but I do like my role as Head Girl. I don’t see Amy leaving anytime soon so I think I am very safe.


KMNash: What would you say is the greatest change to your crafting since joining the cup, what have you improved on the most, be it style or a specific craft or time management etc?
jrf1977: I have become quicker and more likely to challenge myself to something that I thought I would never do.


KMNash: How active are you with OWLS and NEWTS and other Advanced Studies options?
jrf1977: I have proposed an OWL every term and proposed a Mission since they have been around. Now completing them that is a totally different story, I have completed 3 OWLs, 1 Mission, and gotten to 25% on 2 other Missions.


KMNash: Do you have an OWL or NEWT that was especially hard for you to complete?
jrf1977: All of them. No but seriously the only one that was always ahead of my schedule on was my first OWL, which was my Ancient Runes.


KMNash: Of all your turn ins to the cup, this term and past, what are some of the ones you are most proud of and what were they turned in for? (providing links to project page or picture would be wonderful)
jrf1977: This was the first adult garment I ever made. I turned it in for Potions in October of 2012.




This was last Spring term’s OWL and my 3rd attempt at my Charms OWL.




I turned this in for Potions in February just this past term.




And my 1 and only completed Mission which is from last term.



KMNash: When you tell others about the cup what are some of your funnest memories to talk about?
jrf1977: My mother tends to give me a blank stare and just says well that is nice. One of my muggle friends looks at me like I am crazy but then reminds herself that at least I have something to keep me out of trouble.


KMNash: Do you have any pointers or comments you would like to say to everyone about anything?
jrf1977: Always propose advanced studies. There is no penalty for not finishing but if you find at the end of term you could have completed X but never proposed it you get no points for it. It is ok not to do ALL THE THINGS. Everyone is different and what is perfectly normal to one is completely crazy to another.Always remember to get your 1 class in a month, preferably in the early part of the month that way you can focus on other stuff the rest of the month. Dogs always look cute in a sweater/hat/legwarmers. When turning in a project, always remember a good story can get you bonus points and always include yardage as that can get you bonus points as well.

KMNash: Thank you so much for you time and for showing us your beautiful work. Thank you for all the hard work you put in to everything you do.
----------------------------

And here is where we will end till next weeks interview. Remember if you need help getting an idea for a class or working something you made into a class the Knight Bus is ready to help. Also if you are one of the Proud 74, remember you have till the 29th to get out on the Quidditch pitch and score for Gryffindor.

ROAR

No comments:

Post a Comment