Friday, April 4, 2014

Completed OWLs Part 5

This batch of OWLs aren't in one category, they were just all turned in on the last day after I wrote the other posts. There's nothing wrong with this, in fact I turned my own OWL in on the last day, but it meant I needed a wee bit more time before I could highlight them. So, without further ado, the last group of Gryffindor's great Winter 2014 OWLs!

First up is dobarah, who worked on a DADA OWL. She turned in quite a few things for this, including a vest, circular shawl, hat, scarf, and a pair of socks! Plus, I think this cool collage for the turn in should be counted too.


Next is guenevol who knit a Dr. Who themed shawl for an Ancient Runes OWL. It turned out excellent, I wouldn't know it was the first fingering weight shawl if I hadn't read the proposal!


knightsknitting worked in Detention this term, finishing a pair of thigh high socks originally started in December of 2012! That is quite the dedication to a pair of socks that are a gift.


LateClematis worked on an Arithmancy OWL, knitting 13 colorwork Christmas ornaments. Impressively, two of them were even designed for the OWL!


LindseyLuz finished a DADA OWL with a Color Affection shawl. I love the colors, light grey, dark grey, and purple. It will definitely keep someone warm while also looking stylish.


lupingirl defeated a Potions OWL with this gorgeous colorful crocheted blanket. She loved it so much, she even made it bigger than her proposal called for. That's what I call dedication and love for a project.


Mamaloftin conquered a History of Magic OWL, though there was a little difficulty at first. Her first sock, intended to represent Molly Weasley, turned out way too big even after swatching, so she switched to a different pattern and made a pair of socks for her sister. She also made a pair of fingerless mitts and another pair of socks, representing Professor McGonagall and Hermione Granger.





Finally, ValkyrieLHWB finished an Arithmancy OWL by spinning 1.5 pounds of fiber into some lovely yarns via fractal spinning. I don't know much about spinning, but I can say the way the colors combine in these is fantastic.






No comments:

Post a Comment