Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tastey Thursday!!!

Hmmm what has been happening in the Seventh Floor? It seem that there is a new cooking channel there. While scanning the channel I noticed an awesome receipe there from Knittingnearsided for Brioche. This sounds sooo yummy, I just may have to break down and actually make some. (Well unless she sends me some.)
Knittingnearsided says:
Brioche dough (makes about 4 loaves)
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated yeast (2 packets)
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt ( I didn’t add salt because the butter had salt in it)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten ( I use eggland eggs)
1/2 cup honey (this is my all time favorite!) (I didn’t have honey so I used syrup)
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, melted (only had salted butter)
7 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
Mix the yeast, salt, eggs honey and melted butter with the water in a 5-quart bowl, or lidded (not airtight) food container.
Mix in the flour, using a spoon until all of the flour is incorporated.
Cover (not airtight), and allow to sit at room temperature for about two hours.
I sat this in my bowl with a towel covering it and let it rise in the sunlight. I grabbed a hand full after a couple hours and spread it out. I put margarine on it and then shook my little cinnamon sugar boy shaker until I liked the looks of it. Rolled it, sliced it and put it in a glass dish. 350 degrees for 12 minutes. I then took some powdered sugar and milk and made up a good consistency. I heated this in the microwave for 10 seconds and when the rolls were done, I spooned some on top of each one . This is my “adjusted” recipe and it is YUMMY 


No comments:

Post a Comment