Monday, January 11, 2010

Oriocookie: the myth, the woman.

Well it's time to meet AngieJude's nomination for the next interview, Oriocookie! She's out HPKCHC Caretaker and a third year. She's also our Inspection Beater on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. So here's what she had to say.

Do you have any OWLS? what for?
I have 2 OWLs.
1. Arithmancy: I made 30 mini airplanes for a non-profit called PCI (Pilots for Christ). We were having our national convention and sold them for a fundraiser. Rav link here
2. Defense Against the Dark Arts: I made a very fiddly afghan for my Mother-In-Law as a Christmas Present. Rav link here

What crafts do you do?
I knit, crochet, spin, latch hook, cross stitch, paint by numbers (the really nice ones), and drawing occasionally.

Do you have any other talents?
I guess multi-tasking is my main talent, I also can tie a cherry stem with my tongue like Angiejude, I am called a human dictionary by my family, my husband might say there are a few other things, but you don’t need to know what those things are. LOL

Any other major interests?(tv shows, books, wrestling monkeys?)
I enjoy playing with my 23 mo old son, watching NCIS and Bones.

What's you fave HP Character?
My favorite character is Hermione. I identify with her the most.In fact, some say I am her. I also love Snape (Alan Rickman is Hot) and Ginny (so much power in such a little package, she could kick anyone’s butt).

What's your fave potter moment from either the books or movies?
My favorite moment from the movies is when Hermione punches Draco in PoA. I also love the scene in the book when Ginny and Harry finally kiss. My favorite line is when Harry and Sirius are leaving the Shrieking Shack and they are talking about how James suggested Sirius make the change to a dog permanent. “The tail I could live with, but the fleas are murder”.

What's your fave potter item/spell?
My favorite item is the wands. I would love to have my own. I believe Olivander would give me a wand made of willow with an elder wood handle and a duo core of unicorn tail hair and veela hair.
These are the stats:
10 inch : is for strength, individuality, creativity, a born leader, ambitious, active, innovator, and a winner
Willow: is swishy and nice for charm work, it is known as the tree of enchantment, good for healing and is a willing feminine wand wood. The swishyness of it makes it easier to learn with but not that powerful.
Elder: is not a common wand wood mainly because if it backfires it typically kills the maker/wielder. It is however very powerful and is my wood according to the Celtic tree calender. I believe it was coupled with my willow wand to give my spells a little more power, but since it is only the handle it won’t kill me if it backfires.
Veela Hair: very temperamental, but good for outdoorsy magic, divination, and charms
Unicorn hair: Great for Charms and Transfiguration. Also good for healing magic because of the healing properties in the unicorn blood.

What's your fave HPKCHC class?
My favorite HPKCHC class is all of them…LOL. I have a hard time deciding which ones I love so I do all of them. Both terms thus far I have done all 18 classes and plan to do the same this term.

What's your fave project of yours?
My favorite project so far is the pair of fingerless mittens that I am making for Divination right now. They should be on my project page by the time this is posted. The yarn is a merino/silk/nylon/silver blend. Rav link here

What's your fave yarn or fiber type?
My favorite yarn to knit with is fingering weight. I love making socks. For crochet, I prefer worsted weights. As for spinning, I prefer BFL for my wheel, but like working with merino on my drop spindle.

Anything special you'd like the people to know?
I wish I was a stay at home mom. Although my son becomes annoying after awhile, I would love to be home with him more. Also, my husband and I are trying for baby #2. We could use good thoughts, wishes and prayers that it happens soon.

Who do you recommend for the next interview?
I would like to hear from a first year to get their perspective on how things are going… how about CherrySprinkle.

Alright CherrySprinkle, the Quick-Quotes quill and i will get in touch sometime later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment