Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Meet a Firstie: DorothyJean


First off, I asked DorothyJean to tell us a little bit about herself:
I live in BC :) Always have. I am pretty quiet. I played soccer for 30++ years, and have started playing box lacrosse for the past 3 years. I facilitate coaching courses and women and leadership workshops. My “tickle trunk” weighs about 30 lbs and has lots of toys, play doh etc for use in my courses :) I like to play while I learn and love seeing adults realize that they are playing and learning :)

How long have you been crafting? What crafts do you do? 
I have been knitting for the past 4 years and I like lace knitting which is kinda weird ‘cause I like box lacrosse which is a full contact sport - came home from box lacrosse practice and was jumping around because my yarn had arrived in the mail. I also taught myself how to sew so I could make my kids pow wow outfits.

How did you find the HPKCHC? 
I was wandering around Ravelry looking at patterns and how people were putting the patterns together and kept noticing the HPKCHC group - so I searched it out and found it :)

Did something in particular attract you to roar for Gryffindor? 
Umm the colors- I like the idea of the chocolate frog cards too.

Do you have a favorite moment/scene/character/etc in the HP canon? 
I like them all, I like the idea of one world existing within and around another world.

What project or FO are you most proud of? 

I am most proud of In Dreams and Evenstar ‘cause they are lace and my Brown sweater - it’s my first try at Northwestcoast design.

What are you looking forward to most this term? 
Completing my WIPs and my sweater for my Owl. Oh, and finding small projects to make to go into a “gift bin” that I want to toss projects into. I have a large family (6 sisters and their families) with lots of birthdays during the year.

Do you have a favorite fiber-crafting celebrity? A movie star crush? A secret love for underwater basket weaving? 
Umm, have you seen the movie “Tokyo Drift”? I really want to learn how to drift. I got in trouble with my son because I was going to try with my van and my son said that the van doesn’t have the suspension to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment