Thursday, January 10, 2013

Meet a firstie: AbideYe


Today's guest is AbideYe! 


First off, I asked him to tell us a little bit about himself: 
My name is Brian and I am an almost 26-year-old male knitter from Fayette County, West Virginia. I am Deaf as a result of Bacterial Meningitis at three years of age and am married to my lovely wife, Laura. We have three furbabies: Charcoal, Lehi, and Rose. I was born in West Virginia, raised in North Carolina, and moved back to West Virginia at the start of high school because of my father’s illness. I am also adopted. When I say mother or father I am actually referring to my maternal grandparents who adopted me when I was diagnosed with Meningitis.

How long have you been crafting? What crafts do you do?
I’ve been crafting for almost two years on and off. I mainly knit, however I do keep trying to crochet (although it tends to be an epic fail) and I am still trying to learn how to spin (spindle and wheel, the latter I am hoping to purchase one day.)
How did you find the HPKCHC?
Well, I walked into the Forbidden Forest . . . LOL! Actually, I did a Rav Group search for Hogwarts and it popped up. So I looked over it and saw that it would be a great way to improve my knitting skills and challenge me.
Did something in particular attract you to roar for Gryffindor?
HEART Dobby! Also, being new to crafting, I felt that I needed bravery and pride, so Gryffindor was my pick.
Do you have a favorite moment/scene/character/etc in the HP canon?
Actually, my favorite character is Dobby. My favorite scene is when Harry and Voldemort are “battling” in the graveyard and the priori incantatem (the big WHOOSH) in which Lilly and James appeared to Harry. It made me cry, because even after death they were there to protect Harry.Ask me which scene I hated the most, I will start crying. It is when Dobby dies. I’m crying right now remembering it.
What project or FO are you most proud of?
Probably my wife’s fingerless mitts that I made, oh, almost two years ago and my hat, if I can find it again.
What are you looking forward to most this term?
Being a Gryff. No, seriously. I like, stalk/live in the Lion Pride Chat. I’m practically there eight hours of the day. Actually, I’m quite excited to see the limits in which I can push myself and to see what I can craft.
Do you have a favorite fiber-crafting celebrity?
My favorite fiber-crafting celebrities consist of: Eunny Jang, Staci Perry, Kerin Dimeler-Laurence, June Hemmons Hiatt, and Elizabeth Zimmermann. Of course there are many more, but those are the main ones.

2 comments: