Good morning, Gryffindor! Wow, it's been too long, hasn't it? I hope your week and month are going well! I wanted to share some nice patterns, and give you ideas of what to make and where to send. This is the first in a series of posts. :D
First, WHO can you give to? Any local charity is good, or perhaps your local hospital, homeless shelter, old folks home, church, or even Goodwill! ;P Other ideas include:
- Isis' HoH Challenge
- Knit A Square
- Caps for Good
- Bundles of Joy (Rav link)
- The Salvation Army (US link) and Salvos (Australia)
- The Comfort Doll Project
- The Special Olympics Scarf Project
- Secours Catholique
- Mother Bear Project
- Afghans for Afghans
- Super Scarves
- Operation Christmas Child (US) and (UK)
- Angel Tree
- Apparently, your local fire fighters or police may carry "comfort" stuffies around when responding to calls, for children. Call them up and ask!
- Need more ideas? Check out Wikipedia's list of charities!
- Have a favorite charity that isn't listed? Post a comment and let me know! :D
My charity of choice is Operation Christmas Child. My church runs an AWANA program, and every fall we host a regional shoebox drive! It's incredible to watch, but I am usually scrambling to participate! This year, I intend to be ready when shoebox time comes around! ;)
Next post, I'll be listing some handy (and free!) patterns you can use.