Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Class Ideas: Giving Away Hats

If making hats and giving them away fuels your needles, then this little guide should just about hit the spot! I've compiled a way you can knit a hat for every single class this month!

Charms - option 2 says to make something that embellishes hair or covers dirty hair. HAT!

COMC - create something that reminds you of the Ashwinder. I would go color here - the Ashwinder is pale grey, but her eggs are bright red. make a hat that’s one (or both!) of these colors! alternately, if you can make a hat in an hour or so, you can say that reminds you of the Ashwinder’s life span!

DADA - option 2 says to create something that provokes laughter. so you could make a “funny” hat - maybe a jester’s hat (like this one or this one or this one)?

Divination - this one is a pretty open prompt. I plan to use option 2, asking the flame what thing I most wish my son would want from me. The answer? A handmade hat! He hates wearing handmade hats, much to my chagrin! You can ask the flame a question where the answer is ‘a hat’ … like, what do babies in Ghana need from me? or what can i do with this skein of yarn?

Herbology - I’m asking if we can use option 1 to make something purple, even if it’s not necessarily large. but even if we can’t do that, option 2 asks us to create a container for the bulb. a hat can easily stand in as a container in a pinch … maybe photograph it with a bulb (light or flower or other)?

History Of Magic - option 2 asks for a baby item. BABY HATS!

Potions - this is another open prompt, asking you to craft something related to your perfect day. For me, a perfect day would involve knitting hats, all day every day. HATS!

Transfiguration - craft your animagus. At first I was stuck here, but there are tons of animal-themed hats out there! Maybe your animagus is a horse or a raccoon or an owl? a panda, a fox, a penquin or a dinosaur? Sweet Kiwi Crochet has like a billion different animal hat patterns, and while they’re not free, they are so fun, well written, and fit perfectly with this prompt! we’re talking monkeys and monsters and puppies and ducks and giraffes and zebras and frogs and …. wow!

I'll be back later today with some ideas for knitting squares for charity (think Gryffindor babies or Knit-A-Square)!

No comments:

Post a Comment